View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dyerwolf

re: Beta Thread

So since they wiped the beat characters I felt it was a good time to see how fast the first area can be.  Reading the text, and kinda knowing where to go will take about 30-40 minutes to get into the first new area.  Also, by killing pretty much just the mobs you need to finish quests and a small amount other than that, you get 75% xp.

So I made a toon on the pvp realm to see what a fully geared pvp character will look like at lvl 100.  I have on a hunter made to be as close to my main as possible, some 10k dps.

So the first zone, Tanaan Jungle it seems is the into zone for fresh 90s as well as the story introduction.  Nice and fast, though it feels a little small compared to Hellfire Peninsula.  By the time you finish the area, you should be almost 3/4 the way to 91.  If you have a fresh 90, you will have all talents and spells unlocked by the end also.

Ability pruning is pretty big also.  When you read the changes you dont really think about what it will look like on your hotbars.  I was able to move all my abilities most commonly used from 3 bars to 2 bars.  This was on my hunter though, so it is a pretty big change as I had all but a couple spells on 3 bars, and some on a 4th.

The health and energy bars saw some change also.  I tend to play with both text and percentages, and now they only show percent and current health.  Not a huge change, but different.

Alright, so the first couple things I noticed after logging in.  All npcs have an outline around them when you mouse over them, making them much easier to see.  The outline is based on hostility towards you, and it starts out bright and fades a little as you hover over it. 

Items in your bags also have a color outline to them based on quality, making them a little easier to see.  The clean up option in the bags and banks is annoying if you have your bags or bank a particular way.  DO NOT use it if you have your bags the way you like them.  

Reagent bank is nice, there is a button that lets you deposit everything from your bank and bags into it.  One click drops all items.  The stack sizes are much larger also.

The transmog vendor seems bugged, so I will have to deal with the stupid gun sounds.

This thread is going to be for the new changes and other fun in the Beta of Warlords of Draenor.  This thread may also contain spoilers, so if you don't want to know parts of the story then head elsewhere.  

Jump to: